Little help customising

Home Forums Support Araiz Little help customising

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  waqass 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ado
    Participant

Hi,
    I left a positive review in wp for the theme.
    Could you please help me do this customization:

• When displaying more than one post (categoly, blog search etc.) I want all the meta date removed (author, date, edit, category etc)
  • In the single post page I would like ALL the meta data (author, date, edit, category etc) to show at the end of the post (where now is only the category.
  • Thanks for your help

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  waqass.

waqass
Keymaster

Can you elaborate a little more with your website urls.

ado
Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Here are two pictures to explain what I would like.
Remove the post info (like date, category etc when showing multiple posts (like in search results, archive or blog)
When showing single posts move the post info to the bottom of the post next to category.

Thank you very much

waqass
Keymaster

1. Scenario one . Remove post meta for multiple posts page.
Go to content.php lying under template-parts folder and remove the following codes

<div class="entry-meta">
			<?php //araiz_posted_on(); ?>
		</div><!-- .entry-meta -->

and the following one

<footer class="entry-footer">
		<?php araiz_entry_footer(); ?>
	</footer><!-- .entry-footer -->

2. Scenario Two. Move the meta data to bottom for a single post
go to the folder template-parts folder and then select the following file
content-single.php
cut the following code

<div class="entry-meta">
			<?php araiz_posted_on(); ?>
		</div><!-- .entry-meta -->

And past it under the following line
<?php araiz_entry_footer(); ?>
and save it.

waqass
Keymaster

And thanks for the review on WP.

ado
Participant

My pleasure.
Your advice worked perfectly. Please allow me to contact you further if I need something more.
Btw, I saw your code for the experpt and the “Continue reading” and it is quite complicated.

<div class="entry-content">
		<?php
			/* translators: %s: Name of current post */
			the_content( sprintf(
				wp_kses( __( 'Continue reading %s <span class="meta-nav">&rarr;</span>', 'araiz' ), array( 'span' => array( 'class' => array() ) ) ),
				the_title( '<span class="screen-reader-text">"', '"</span>', false )
			) );
		?>

Should it be that much complicated to adhere to WP standards? Can’t it be simplified?
Btw it only show an arrow and not the name of the post next to “Continue reading”. I like it the way it is, I just mention it because in the comments it says “%s: Name of current post”
I hope I don’t bother you a lot with my questions, but WP php seems quite confusing and I try to understand how it works.

Thank you very much for your help.

waqass
Keymaster

My pleasure.
Your advice worked perfectly. Please allow me to contact you further if I need something more.
Btw, I saw your code for the experpt and the “Continue reading” and it is quite complicated.

<div class="entry-content">
		<?php
			/* translators: %s: Name of current post */
			the_content( sprintf(
				wp_kses( __( 'Continue reading %s <span class="meta-nav">&rarr;</span>', 'araiz' ), array( 'span' => array( 'class' => array() ) ) ),
				the_title( '<span class="screen-reader-text">"', '"</span>', false )
			) );
		?>

Should it be that much complicated to adhere to WP standards? Can’t it be simplified?
Btw it only show an arrow and not the name of the post next to “Continue reading”. I like it the way it is, I just mention it because in the comments it says “%s: Name of current post”
I hope I don’t bother you a lot with my questions, but WP php seems quite confusing and I try to understand how it works.

Thank you very much for your help.

Yes it can be simplified! But more code means more security and more functionality. Read more of online articles related to WP themes and you will certainly reach a point where you would find your own solutions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.