5 Problems / Requests for Araiz

Home Forums Support Araiz 5 Problems / Requests for Araiz

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Simeon 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Simeon
    Participant

Hi waqass, there are 5 things I have found that are very problematic with using the Araiz theme, they are as follows:

1. I need the theme to show only an excerpt with a “Read More” link for each post on the home page, not the whole post.

I have selected the Settings > Reading > Summary option, but still it displays an entire post.

2. Araiz over rides a Tag Cloud widget I installed and persists in displaying the tags using the default Araiz tag widget style.

3. The “Primary Menu” button that appears on mobile is so small, and text so small, that it can barely be seen or read.

4. The “Post Comment” button on all devices is so small, and text so small, that it can barely be seen or read.

5. When embedding a YouTube video by pasting the share link into the post editor in Visual mode, the display of the videos is not quite right adding black space above/below the video. This is especially true on mobile devices.

On mobile devices the theme is preventing from viewing a video in landscape mode when in fullscreen on the video too.

EXAMPLE:

http://blog.elanenergetics.com/2015/09/23/non-toxic-face-wrinkle-solution-using-yoga/

Note how the video displays on YouTube, no black. Then look at how it displays on the blog using Araiz, and especially view it on a smartphone (I’m using Android).

Hopefully you are willing/able to fix these issues, because it is a very nice theme otherwise!

Thanks,
    Simeon

waqass
    Keymaster

Will update you soon on these.

waqass
    Keymaster

Post Comment Button & Menu Buttons have been fixed in the latest version which will be available on word press repository soon.

Simeon
    Participant

Hi waqass, just logged in to check here because I did not get any email notifications that you had responded, and now see I forgot to tick the “Notify me…” box.

It might be a good idea to have that selected by default!

TY for fixing the two buttons, much better!

Any word on when the remaining 3 problems might be resolved?

Thanks,
    Simeon

waqass
    Keymaster

Can you please provide the screenshots for the problems.It will help us identify them much quicker.

Simeon
    Participant

OK waqass, it may take a short while to document all these various issues in screenshots, I’ll be back with you when they are ready!

Simeon
    Participant

Hi waqass, I have attached a zip file with 4 annotated screenshots that should helpo you better understand what the unresolved problems are.

Thanks,
    Simeon

Simeon
    Participant

Hi waqass, its been 18 days since I provided the screenshots, can you please update me on what is happening to resolve these issue?

Thanks,
    Simeon

waqass
    Keymaster

We were busy with the other themes. Just had an overview of the problems. Will revert back in a day or so.

Simeon
    Participant

OK, thanks waqass.

waqass
    Keymaster

Hi, check out the following page http://araiz.lodse.com/index.php/2015/09/19/desert-rose/
    You can always post the videos with following short code

Just play around to find your best settings and search internet a bit as its not a theme problem.

The widget problem seems to be solved on your site.

The last error is that full post is being shown instead of excerpt. I’ll update it for you.

waqass
    Keymaster

Just browse to the template-parts and then edit contents.php edit the following code

the_content

as

the_excerpt

Or you can simply limit the content when editing a post using the ‘INSERT READ MORE TAG’

I can’t change the excerpt for all persons as on auto update it will limit the content for all who are using this theme.

Simeon
    Participant

Hi waqass, OK… I have looked into all of this now.

I had to switch to using another tag cloud widget as the one I had did not display as it was supposed to in this theme (have used it in others OK). But no problem, I have another one that displays as desired now and is even better in other ways.

I have used other WP themes that behaved differently using the standard YouTube URL to embed the videos. However, it’s true that there can be variable results with that method. I’m trying to make it as easy as possible for my client. I’ll have to show them how to use the text/code editor for this purpose.

IMPORTANT: I need to be able able to turn OFF automatic theme updates for this site so that I will be able to manually update this theme, and thereby I’ll also know when I have to re-install the modified theme files.

Code can be placed into the wp-config.php file to disable automated theme updates…
    Would this code be correct?

add_filter( ‘auto_update_theme’, ‘__return_false’ );

Thanks,
    Simeon

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.